ONLINE POKER HANDS, TERMS AND TERMINOLOGY
Online Poker Hands:
Online poker is no doubt one of the fastest and easiest way to earn more money through online. And if you play online poker, one of the most important factors that you have to learn is how many hands you play in an hour.
The number of hands that you play in an hour can have a huge impact on your win rate, rakeback and also on your additional bonuses. Usually, online poker players get to play about around 75 hands per hour on a 6-max table and about 62 hands per hour on a 9-max table.
Poker is a game of skills and strategy which employs mind-game tactics, deception, probability calculations and balls of steel to achieve success.
Online poker is an incredibly lucrative game and many poker players have won countless fortunes.
Khelo365 offers Poker Freerolls (Poker tournament with a prize pool without having to buy-in or deposit money to participate) which are ran HOURLY, DAILY and on WEEKENDS with prize pools worth a whopping Rs. 32,00000!
Terms of online poker:
In order to learn the poker basics, firstly you have to be aware of the terms involved in poker.
- Action- This is when the player has to act during a bet i.e, either bet, raise or fold. It is also used to describe a game in which there is a lot of betting and raises.
- Add-on- It is referred to the additional chips that can be purchased to ‘add-on’ to your chip stack in a poker tournament. It is an offer that the players receive in which the players get to buy more chips than hi/her original buy-in.
- Ante- The small bet that the players are required to place before the hands are dealt.
- All-in– This is when a player bets all of their remaining chips.
- Bad–beat- It usually occurs when a player has the best card in the first round but is unexpectedly beaten by other players in the remaining rounds.
- Big Blind- It is the amount of chips that the player second to the left side of the dealer has to bet. Like in Ante, the players have to make the bet before the cards are dealt, but in bigger amount.
- Bluff- In poker, the ‘bluff’ is when a player raises or bet with a hand which is not the best hand.
- Button- In poker, if you are on the ‘button’ then that means that you are on the dealer position. The player on the button is the one who deals out the cards to the players.
- Buy-in- It is the amount of chips that a player has to buy in order to enter the tournament. For tourneys, the buy-in is a set amount of money for a set amount of starting chips. For cashgames, buy-ins are generally expressed as minimums, but can have an optional limited or unlimited range beyond the minimum as well.
- Call- It is the minimum amount of bet that a player has to place to continue in the game.
- Check- It can be thought of as the alternate term for “pass” in poker. You have an opportunity to decline to open the betting. Another player given the task of betting in which case you may fold, call the bet or raise.
- Re-raise– As the name suggests, re-raise is to raise after another player has raised the betting amount. This is a very common ploy to force players to fold their hands.
- Flop– After the hole cards have been dealt and bets have been placed, three community cards are made available to the players. This is called the Flop.
- Turn– After betting and wagering using the Flop, another card is made available for the players called as the Turn. All the players have two hole cards and four community cards to use. These six cards can be used to make the best five card combination.
- River– After the Turn, a final card called River is made available to the players. A final round of betting follows and the players can make the best possible hand.
- Showdown– Showdown is a situation when, if more than one player remains after the River round, the remaining players show or ‘declare’ their hands, the player with the best hand is declared a winner and wins the pot amount.
Basic Online Poker Terminology:
Hole cards are the cards that are dealt face down to players. In Hold’em two face cards are dealt and in Omaha four cards facedown are dealt to players.
The hole cards cannot be changed and players have use them along with the community cards to form the best possible hand.
Community cards are the cards that are displayed open face in the table and shared by all players to complete their best hand.
The pot amount refers to the total sum of money that players wager a poker game in a single hand or game.
Betting & Action
This is an important part of poker. Poker games typically have betting in the form of Big Blind and Small Blind in Omaha and Hold’em.